Monday, November 2, 2009

Reprint from Old Blog...



This is a piece that I did with some of my vintage, heirloom draperies that I have in my stash.  I call it, "Love and Luck".  I love to use my painted, molded and sewn images that I cut out of magazines.  I don't just take an image from a magazine and go over it with paint.  Sometimes I make my own image irregardless
of what the image is in the magazine.  I just like the recycled quality of using several layers of magazine sewn together.  Sometimes I heavily alter an existing image in the magazine to suit my purposes.  Either way, the combination of paper and fabric has such an allure I think together.  Don't you?  Especially when it is made with textural elements like molding paste or garnet gel.  Love that stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment