Thursday, October 22, 2009

"I keep my lipstick in the Fridgedaire for a reason!"



O.K.  This is the first piece that I made at KC Willis' Studio Retreats in Longmont, CO.  I had such a wonderful time.   Probably one of the best I've ever had at a workshop.  Made some good friends and lasting connections and some great art!  KC is a wonderful teacher and mentor and really shares herself and her art as well as cares about each person in her workshops.  If you have the chance check out her website:  www.lipstickranch.com
She offers one on one workshops as well as 2,3 & 5 day workshops.  I think you'll find that they are very worthwhile!

This piece is of my Grandmother who always kept her lipstick in the "Fridgedaire" to keep the shape just right.  It kind of explains a lot about her obsessive personality and her need to be perfect.  It shares a lesson for us all about perfectionism that sometimes the we shouldn't sweat the small stuff because it really doesn't matter anyway!  
Enjoy!~

No comments:

Post a Comment