Friday, September 24, 2010

Handmade Books II & III continued some more...

This silver and black thick book has a textured "bubble" finish with Japanese black textured hinges.  Inside you will find black and silver Japanese origami vellum on both the front and back covers.  The book is stocked with paper in white by Canson.    
    The rust colored booklet is made with handpained vellum that was created by me and lined with a rare Japanese lacey paper that shows the rust vellum through the paper.  It also is stocked with white paper by Canson.                                                                 
Next  is the lime green textured paper book that has a binding created out of Japanese character paper, sewn pamphlet style in two directions for interest and strength.  On top is a character meaning friendship done with a stamp dipped in bleach on black cardstock.  
  Fourth is a purple textured, hand dyed paper which is on the outside of the book as well as the inside.  You can see it is pamphlet style with colored silk yarn as it's binding and lengthened for interest.  A handmade strip of paper that I created is the focal point of the book.  The book is stocked with white Canson paper with a deckled edge.                        
  And finally, the Chinese inspired book made first with Chinese character paper then covered in a cat gut vellum with frayed jute running through it in two directions and torn to reveal the base paper.  This book is also stocked with white Canson paper.       

I hope you have enjoyed looking at all my pieces.  If you are interested in anything on this blog or on my website which is www.jacquieschicago.com , please contact me for info and pricing at jacquiestone@mac.com
I would be most happy to specialize something for you!

1 comment:

  1. Your books and creativity are amazing. I still adore the "bits box" you sent me for the city of artist collage I still haven't submitted yet. I was having some probs getting back stuff from various submissions so I became discouraged BUT it will still happen.

    ReplyDelete